Monday, October 29, 2007

To curse vehemently under your breath or praise and thank.

Sometimes you do have to chose between the two. Some circumstances really lead from one thing to another. I was at the library trying to find Peony in Love by Lisa See after seeing the price of it at borders. No offence to the author but $31 (singapore dollars) is just too great a sum for that kind of literary standard. Only to find that some idiotic person was supposed to return it that day. I hope that person pays a fine, a big one. I spent $1.50 reserving it. Then I picked up a book out of pure boredom and the first few pages are great. It is The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger.
Before I found that book I was ready to kill and torture a bee if only one didn't freak me out when I came back home after school by hovering around. I think it got itself hurt enough, it kept hitting the ceiling and lights. So everyone who doesn't mind getting another person heavily fined for delayed return of a book, silently pray with me. Then I remember that if I want him to pay a really big fine I will have to wait even longer.
Confirmed, this world is unfair and to many things happen by luck, timing and the guy upstairs.
At least I am not as unlucky as the guy in the book. Every time he time travels, he never knows where or when he's going to wake up. When he does, he is completely naked with no money, clothes, IC or a fig leaf.

No comments: