Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Tea Rose : A review
It is the best story I have read. The author (Jennifer Donnelly) did a really good job on it. She is the only author whose books show nothing in the areas of decency. It doesn't exactly have that kind of fairy tale flow. Although there is the happily ever after. I needed to read it 7 times or more (lost count) to find the urgency to write about it like this.
I have never read a story where there is a gay man in it. I suppose an author caries the burden of hat he knows and the reader caries the burden of that knowledge.
I carry the burden of knowing that it is wrong in the bible for guy and guy relationships. Yet I wonder if there really is true love under all that. If there really is love that or is just infatuation or a misunderstanding of feelings? Is it just to big a longing of comfort and kindness in this harsh world that drives them to that edge?
I love this whole book. I've always been happy and content with books that hovered in the real fiction not the real world. It tells things as it is, not like how everybody wants things to be I guess. At least the ending can console me. Even the enemies themselves have a reason to it. Not like in those fairy tales when they are just the villains even when they were the victims of parental neglect.
Anyway I don't feel as angry with this book now for ruining me for all the other books and my thinking. I'm to fussed up with this whole Christmas thing. How can I relax when there are so many things happening? I think that some people are mad at me, for doing something in the wrong way. Live and let live.
The author caries the burden of what she knows. The reader caries the burden of that knowledge.

No comments: