Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dreams
Dreams are like grains of sand. Something as ephemeral as a rose plant in a desert. Something that can be blown away by the winds of change. Something fragile, defenseless and powerless. People say that dreams are powerful, something so strong that it can cause you to draw near it without thinking, like a drug addict intent on ruining himself with booze and unknown substances with added detergent. It is not the dream. It is our will power and motivation that brings us nearer to our goal.

We are like the clams on the ocean bed. One day, a grain of sand, the dream, floats in and irritates us. We try to tell ourselves that it is impossible to make it happen. Sub consciously, or even consciously, we put in tiny amounts of effort to harden that dream. Before we realize it, a hard outer coating has secured the dream within it

You hear people, powerful, strong, influential people, on the news or in magazines. They all say a common thing:

“I never thought I could achieve this.”

Let me tell you something. That is probably the biggest lie in their lives. They dreamed that they would, that they could, achieve it. If you yourself dream that you will fail, it is like doing a murder in front of a police man.

By now you’ll be reaching for the mouse to the link to another blog. Hold a second. I did not in the last 246 words wrote that there will be no failure. Sure there will be failures but as long as you have the guts to stand up and try again, you will succeed. Maybe not where you originally thought but it is more of the process than the outcome.

Right now I am seething with anger because the composition that I wrote (above) did not win anything. Despite putting in a lot of effort on my part. But they will be holding it again next year. I will try and when someone asks me (or looks down sneering) why I did not succeed, I will say this:

“True I did not, but I will, one day.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bona festa a la meva agenda de festes
http://www.festamajor.biz

Anonymous said...

ur posts are all pretty bland n boring...i read 1 sentense n i cannot read on ... sorry, no offence... its really adultly... are u 40+ ?
I hope u wont get angry, I'm only being honest...

Anonymous said...

Hi Daphne. Is maturity and not age that determine one ability to write in this manner. Keep it up Annabel

Anonymous said...

Hello Annabel . Hope you are doing well . I like reading her posts actually , Daphne , do not criticise . By the way , go online more often . (:
See you around .