Friday, July 6, 2007

Achieving Success
Good news, the school that I applied for has shortlisted me and on Monday, 9th of July, I will be taking a test for my art. I will try to get those pictures of my art posted but I really do not know where they are. It seems to be a draw whatever you desire kind of thing and I am still pondering on a good subject. Abstract still life perhaps, I am horrible at making things look in proportion. I am really scared, since no one in my school has applied to this school for a few years now. There will be an interview after this test if they accept me into the second round and after that comes the final verdict. Why do they have to make US wait so long? We only get to know whether we have a secure comfirmed place until our end-of-year results are out.
Excuse me? Are all the schools just going to make us sit and wait for them to pick us out. Okay I know it is the system but frankly I have been slightly put off by their off timing. They sent an email about the changing of dates. I mean, students hardly have time to do such stuff like immediately make a presentable art work within a constrained time limit. Or think about a topic to give a good impression. Absurd.
Why can't we just send them our art pieces during the interview? Then we can tell the teachers why we chose such an art piece or whatever. I break easily under stress and this is giving me a lot of stress. Before the interview I have to read up on the school history and art history on certain artists and their works. My vocabulary better be good on that day. I am good with conversing and within 5 minutes I can get a relatively smooth conversation going with a stranger (e.g mom's friend or something) because I cannot stand silence if there is another breathing person in the same radius of 1 meter. Pray for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

annabella, ya know,ya actually did'nt need to worry 'bout it.you are natural in talking/drawing/writting.plus,dont you remember?when we first met?we were on a school bus and you did'nt really care for the fact that i was a stranger to you,ya justed talking to me about you favourite book(endi blyton,'cause ya are in pri.1).at that time ya justmade my aqquaintance.acctualy(no offence),i think your confidence is way off scale off normal people.So dontcha woory 'bout getting into CHIJ(TPY).they'll loooooove ya!

Anonymous said...

Good words.